Acupressure has been practiced in India from many years ago. And it is experimented in various forms. The experts have been practicing the techniques of reflex points to treat or diagnose diseases. Here are some of the most accepted acupressure treatments:
- Su Jok Acupressure:
It is originally a South Korean Acupressure Therapy. According to this therapy, positions of a hand or a foot are diagrammed on the corresponding organs of the human body. It has particular methods that are basic and twin systems of correspondence, insect system and mini system. Six or eight types or Qi are documented. The treatment of a disease associated with these Qi is the Su Jok Seed therapy, which is also becoming famous. Advanced Su Jok treatment unites the points placed on the hands/feet corresponding to the Chinese meridians.
2. Shiatsu Massage/Acupressure:
It is the Japanese technique of Massage/Acupressure therapy. In this therapy of sedation, stimulation is given to cure disorders. Often rotating movements are used.
3. Anma Acupressure:
Chinese pull-push acupressure massage. This oriental form of massage uses the principles of meridians and the five-element theory. Massage unites relaxation, tonifications, pain relieving processes and effects of treating acupoints.
4. Bhagavan Acupressure:
This is the Indian version of acupressure. According to this therapy, strong pressure is used on various reflex points to relieve the patient from pain and treat his disease.
5. Acupressure, U.S.A.
It is chiefly based on oriental acupressure system. It is merged with Chinese and some forms of Japanese pressure techniques. In a few words, it is modified variety of acupressure that is known to create wonderful consequences with fewer efforts.
6. Atmena Acupressure:
This form of acupressure can be represented as an Indigenous Indian acupressure. The system directly resembles the Chinese meridians system, Shiatsu, Su Jok and Acupressure, U.S.A and Pressure Acupuncture.
7. Pressure Acupuncture:
According to this method, the ideology of Chinese acupuncture and/or acupressure therapies are applied to cure various aches/pains/ailments of external or internal organs. It is very useful for many disorders. This therapy is based on application of the western formats to the Chinese meridians and other views of treatments. It has proved to be often useful in curing common ailments, pains, disorders of musculoskeletal systems and some specific ailments.
8. Tuina Acupressure:
This is a well-admired Chinese acupressure therapy. It uses the theory of the five elements. It proceeds by balancing of Qi and acupoints/meridians to treat the ailments. Both local and distal points are often treated. A variety of methods of diagnosis and applying pressure are used.
9. Zone Therapy:
This therapy treats the disorders by applying acupressure on Acuregions or zones. These zones are placed on the sole of feet. Reflex points in these zones are stimulated for the expected results.
10. Indian Acupressure:
This acupressure is featured on the comparison with Zone Therapy. The benefits are manifold and often it produces remarkable results and recoveries.
The Physicians have the Theory that the human anatomy is very complicated system of the organs. It says that the central nervous system and the circulatory system unite all parts including internal parts as well as the surface organs and the skin. The acupressure’s healing effect sends appropriate stimulation to the affected area through effective pressure on the surface of the human body. While practicing acupressure, it sends the message or signals through the central nervous system as nerve currents through chains of neurons which waves cures the pain.
The best technique suggested for providing the treatment of the acupressure is by applying mild finger strokes on the relevant acupoints on the surface of the human body, which gives a great relief to the acute pain. With the complex organization of skin, muscle tendons, nerves and flood vessels below the skin, suitable treatment can be brought by sending proper simulative or sedative signals to and from brain through spinal cord inside the vertebral column.
Motor Gate Theory states that acupressure can help in securing the recovery of musculoskeletal system.
But, one has to knows that acupressure cannot replace standard emergency procedures and it is not licensed medical treatment. Any determined critical attack, serious injury or symptom requires immediate attention of a licensed doctor. So, the treatment of acupressure relieves those symptoms and pains, which can be cured by oral applications and does not require medicines and is supplemented by first – aid treatment.
Trough the fingers, knuckles and experience are the best instruments in the hands of a healer, Yet there are a couple of reflex points that need special care and attention. It is advisable that the therapist uses special instruments made for the purpose and derives the best results possible by healing the patient. A good number of the instruments available in the market are made of plastic, wood and rubber. Before buying any of these acupressure instruments, a specialist should be consulted.
- Jimmy: It is an elongated instrument, which has numerous small elevations, which are in the shape of pyramids. It can be either made of plastic, wood, rubber or metal. It is to apply force on the reflex points, found on hands and feet of a person. The therapist must take care that the force applied is reasonable so that it does not harm the patient. The therapist should take care that a bony area is not selected in order to make sure that the nerves in close proximity are not harmed.
- Multiplex massage: It is an instrument, which has four rows of rollers affixed to a handle. It yields positive results in the form of mental and physical relaxation. It does that by restoring the flow of essential energy of the body. The most beneficial feature of this instrument is that it can be used on any part of the body. People use it mostly to cure headaches, backaches, shoulder pain and to ease mental tensions.
- Hand roller: It is similar to a foot roller. It is smaller in size and the application area is also quite limited. It is used on the reflex points located in the hands. The user must press and roll the hand roller between his palms for at least two or three minutes. It is used to ease tension, general body and exhaustion.
- Cervical Jimmy or mini roll: Similar to Jimmy, it is also adorned by numerous, small pyramid-shaped elevations, which are connected to a handle on both the sides. These handles are useful in directing the cervical jimmy to the area, Which needs to be energised. Therapists make use of it, when fragile and sensitive parts of the body are to be treated. They generally use it for the neck and the sides of the fingers. In order to complete a session, gentle pressure is applied thrice on each side.
- Spine roller with magnet: This instrument comprises four magnetic wheels, which are to be used on the backbone. It works by energising the reflex points of the spine, which is done by applying slow and mild pressure on either side of the spine. It is first taken from the neck to the hip in either direction. It is usually used for patients, suffering from cervical spondylitis, backache and sciatica. An additional feature is that it can be used on the legs also.
- Foot roller: Similarly to a jimmy, it is an elongated rod-like instrument, consisting of numerous, small pyramid-shaped elevations. It is basically used to energise the reflex points found on the feet. The patient is supposed to sit on a chair, with one of his foot on the roller. It is to be used only on one foot at a time. It is moved forward and backward for a period of three minutes. It is beneficial for toning up the body and improving the blood circulation, which results in the patient feeling more active and full of life.
- Power mat: Pyramid pad is the exact name of the power mat. It carries the shape of small pyramid that is elevated and has a curved middle part on the curved middle part. And they are required to relax their soles. By walking on the mat for three to five minutes enables one to cure the diseases like acidity, diabetes, backache, tension, weight problem and fatigue can be cured. Power mat can also heal headache, migraine, sinusitis, asthma, sleeplessness and loss of memory. It is suggested to use the mat twice a day. This should be repeated once early in the morning and later, before going to bed. Those persons who have sensitive skin on their feet, the mat should be covered with a thin cloth before use. There are several types of power mats available in the market. Specialist or a doctor should be discussed before buying that mat.
In conclusion it can be said that the art of acupressure not only treats the sickness of the patient, but also helps him to restore all the flows of energy, which are vital for his well being, by enabling the patient to think positively. It must be mentioned that the patients will to be healthy is the most important feature, which can help to enhance the already positive effects of acupressure.
Massage In Acupressure:
Acupressure, also known as reflexology massage, is the massage of acupressure points. For this massage, one uses the tip of the index finger or the thumb. The Japanese version of acupressure is called ‘Shiatsu’.
Similar to acupressure, acupressure is based on the Chinese science of energy. This teaches the belief that life energy flows along the so-called meridians. These meridians, or energy flow systems, have the role of transporting and distributing life energy throughout the body.
There are six Yin and six Yang meridians, which are distributed two by two on the left and on the right hemispheres of the body. In addition, there are several ‘side’ meridians.
One meridian pair consists of a Yin and a Yang meridian, running parallel to the limbs. The meridian pair is a functional unit and is connected via connecting vessels.
Yang meridians are at the side or the back of the body, while Yin meridians are inside or at the front of the body. The meridians run partly beneath the body surface, where they can be treated directly.
One never reaches a balanced energetic level throughout the entire body. The art of acupressure is to bring the human body as close to a state to energetic balance as possible. Acupressure uses the technique of meridian treatment for this purpose.
The Traditional Thai massage
The traditional Thai massage should not be confused with the commercial sex massage known from the red-light districts of Bangkok.
Traditional Thai massage or Nuad, as it is called, can be traced back to ancient Thai history. However, despite its name, the roots of Thai massage are not actually found in Thailand.
The techniques were originally developed in India by Jivaka Kumar Bhaccha, physician at the court of the Magadha king Imbisara about 2500 years ago. He is also known as a friend of Buddha and physician at a Buddhist monastery. He is mentioned in the Pali canon, the oldest written text of the southern Theravada school, which today is predominantly followed by people in the Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia and Thailand.
Due to its scientifically proven healing effects and its simple techniques, Thai massage is still widely practiced in Thailand among all social groups. It even plays an important part in the country’s health care system.
Thai massage is based on the concept that all levels of the human being are naturally interconnected, therefore its main objective is the integrity of nature, body, mind and soul. In contrast to the classical western types of massage, it is less oriented toward the physical-anatomical features of the human body, but rather toward so-called energy lines and energy fields, comparable to the meridians of Chinese medicine.
The techniques of acupressure and reflexology massage are closely related. Both massage varieties generally show much better success in health and pain control than conventional western massage methods. While conventional massage techniques mainly focus on stroking and kneading of the skin, traditional Thai massage refers to “local areas” of the body. The stimulation of these areas by massage treatment also brings relief to the corresponding organs and body systems. Through the stretching of the whole muscular system, the blood circulation of skin, connective tissues and muscles is drastically improved.